Pen And Paper Guild

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pen And Paper Guild
Pen And Paper Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony

+3
Kurayama Sora
Hisakawa Suzume
Reize
7 posters

Go down

Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony Empty Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony

Post by Reize Sun May 04, 2014 1:17 am

Description:

Hesvalle is a port country on a man-made island country situated east of Japan. It is founded based on the pursuit of artistic and scientific discovery - where the government gives free reign, where cultural or religious differences matter little and where the great would be able to fulfill their potentials.

Hesvalle is composed of the Hesvalle City, the industrial area, and Clairesfield City, the academic and commercial area.

Our story is set in St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences, where talented people - well-off, rich or poor - from all over the world pursue the path of the Arts and Sciences to realize their true potentials.

We welcome Spring, today is the Opening Ceremony for the newly admitted students to the school, the Freshmen of High School! Students sit in the theatre, filled with eagerness, nervousness and excitement.

To represent them is one of the greatest prodigies admitted in the school, XXXX.
Reize
Reize
Admin

Back to top Go down

Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony Empty Re: Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony

Post by Hisakawa Suzume Sun May 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Turn Order:
Hisakawa
Kurayama
Akari
Torashiro
Patricia

Optional Turn/Skip Unless the two of them says so in the FB Chat:
Principal (Eric)
Maria

Positions are as follows:
Kurayama and Akari are near each other; both are seated. In the aisles, the teachers stand: Torashiro and Maria. Patricia and Hisakawa are seated in the chairs upstage. However, Hisakawa isn't there yet...

Additional Notes:
You can create minor/supporting characters. If they're worth mentioning and will appear again in the RP, post their profile here: https://penandpaper.forumotion.com/t85-minor-characters-depository-thread

Last edited by Hisakawa Suzume on Sun May 04, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Hisakawa Suzume
Hisakawa Suzume

Back to top Go down

Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony Empty Re: Timeline 1/Event 1:The Prestigious St. Catherine's Academy of Arts and Sciences! Freshman Opening Ceremony

Post by Hisakawa Suzume Sun May 04, 2014 7:41 pm

"To represent the freshmen is Hisakawa Suzume!"

Seeing as no one was walking up towards the elevated platform, the host repeated, "Hisakawa Suzume!"

Her name was called, but the seat she was supposed to occupy was empty. The host wore the expression of worry, learning that the student is missing from her seat.

An awkward silence began to fill the air of the theatre.

Muttering began to spread among the students...

(OOC: Option by the players to interact with other students or stay put in their chair, muttering nothing or talking to themselves)
Hisakawa Suzume
Hisakawa Suzume

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurayama Sora Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Out of respect, he had his earphones put away. He crossed his arms as he leaned back. This event can also be foreseen. He chuckled a bit and crossed his legs. 'It may be that the representative is late. Or sick. Maybe she was late by a few minutes and got hit by a vehicle for rushing. Hm, assuming that the same signal light system applies. Of course, this is putting into consideration where she lives soo...'

To an outside observer, he is simply staring blankly into space. His ears twitched a bit because of the 'world noise'. He groaned slightly. That noise was annoying.
Kurayama Sora
Kurayama Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari Mizuki Sun May 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Just what in the world is our representative thinking? My goodness, I can't believe this is happening!

She thought as she sat in a rather formal way. However, she still cannot hide the grim expression on her face. She dropping her phone, okay she can live with that but dropping her tickler, more so that it may have been read by Patricia or by anyone, is unforgivable.

The contents of the tickler are known only to her of course and could be enough to drive her out of her new school but she would make sure that anybody who rats her out will not want to school or live a meaningful life ever again. That she assures herself.
Akari Mizuki
Akari Mizuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Torashiro Supeingo Sun May 04, 2014 11:26 pm

Seriously? Classes hadn't even started and someone was already late?
That didn't sit well with the blind teacher, nope not one bit.
However seeing as they were in the ceremony, Torashiro's expression remained neutral. It would be uncouth to try and crush anything right now, and we couldn't have that now would we?

Although that didn't mean he wasn't making a mental note to very highly consider placing that representative in detention as proper punishment.
Torashiro Supeingo
Torashiro Supeingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Meadowhart Sun May 04, 2014 11:30 pm

At the back of the stage, Patricia is just waiting for her turn to give opening speech for the first year students. She's been assigned for opening remarks. She then take what's on her right pocket.

"I might meet Akari and I could grant her parchment after this commemoration."

She then put it inside her pocket once more as she breathes in and out.
Patricia Meadowhart
Patricia Meadowhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisakawa Suzume Sun May 04, 2014 11:42 pm

"Yabai, yabaiyooo!" A young woman was rushing through the gates of St. Catherine's, sweating and heaving profusely.

Huff.

"This isn't good. I'm late! I'm late for the Ceremony!"

The young woman pulled out a map from her purse and looked at it for a few seconds. "Oh, I see. This is the clock tower... And there is the Ampitheatre. Okay, let's do this!"

She hurriedly made her way to the Ampitheatre, ignoring the glances of students around her.

However, instead of going straight to the Ampitheatre, she made a break first for the comfort room. "I have to clean myself up first!" She said, holding her tangled pink hair.

And voila! As if nothing happened, she was able to groom herself!

Taking fast strides along the corridor of the Ampitheatre, she burst open the doors and exclaimed, "I'M SORRY I'M LATE!"

Looking around, she saw the stage and made her way towards it. The female host gave her the microphone as she stood up in the elevated stage.

"Konnichiwa, minna-san! In Japan it means Hello everyone!" She said with a bright smile, as if nothing happened.

"I'm deeply sorry for being late everyone, I got lost along the way. You see, I just arrived in Hesvalle today! There were so many new things that I just can't stop looking at them and asking questions about them! For one, has anybody tried out the subway!? Underground it looks really amazing! I even ended up riding the train for three trips round and back!"

Her gleefulness rubbed off in the students in the ampitheatre, instantly defusing the nervousness the freshmen had. She was a riot! It was a fresh sight in such a serious school to see someone so comical!
Hisakawa Suzume
Hisakawa Suzume

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurayama Sora Mon May 05, 2014 12:09 am

He had taken out his phone already, opening his own app once more. He scrolled in between two to four scenarios so far while muttering to himself. The options he was scrolling on seemed to lessen the more time passed. Finally, the representative arrived and he selected one of the options. It opened up several other scenarios. Once the crowd reacted, he selected yet another option and then temporarily locked his phone before putting it away.

'The subway, huh?' After she apologized and explained that she rode three round trips. He took out his phone again and opened the app, placing a check mark on 'Mesmerized by the subway. Rode three times.' He then started to ponder again.

'Taking into account the time it takes for the trains to complete her route. In order to arrive here at this time, this person possibly woke up earlier than usual but got late due to, hm, airheadedness, maybe,'
he tapped his finger on his chin for a bit. 'I should probably keep in mind that it's possible that they did such thing on a different day. Still. If that's the case, why was she even late?'

He groaned and furrowed his brow and placed his palm to his face. "Why am I even bothering with this? I should just see what possible class events occur when we get into our rooms," he said to no one in particular but himself.
Kurayama Sora
Kurayama Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari Mizuki Mon May 05, 2014 12:15 am

Oh.My.God. Somebody who actually makes sense.

Akari was delighted to have seen another human being who focuses on the things that actually matter. She refuse to listen to what the speaker on the stage is saying. Easing up a bit, she looked ahead with a slight delighted face.

"I agree. I don't even understand what she's trying to convey."

She said, not looking at the guy next to her.
Akari Mizuki
Akari Mizuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Torashiro Supeingo Mon May 05, 2014 12:19 am

"You have got to be kidding me."

His mutterings had barely omitted 'fucking' in that statement. He wasn't dreaming right? That class rep actually just said all that? For real?

The urge to facepalm was rapidly increasing, unfortunately for him, the faculty board wouldn't have that. Oh no, he had to set an example for the students.

"That settles it."

Seeing as one option was forfeit, the only logical course was pursue the alternative: This class representative would be subject to detention immediately after the first class.
Torashiro Supeingo
Torashiro Supeingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Minamoto Nimue Mon May 05, 2014 12:27 am

[As Principal]

A Flicking sound was heard, utterly audible but still diluted by the words being uttered on stage. He was nervous and a lighter was the only thing he can use to ease said unrest.

Huge, to say the least if not gigantic. was the amount of people inside the amphitheater. He had never been inside a class whose numbers come close to this. And the minutes dragged on for like an eternity as he remained sweating profusely on his seat. The speech was rather a very lengthy one that was composed perhaps of babble not exactly expected of the mentioned speaker.

"Mr. Supeingo, I know that it is such a brilliant display of tardiness on her end. I would ask you to not try whatever it is that is floating on your mind right now."

It was perhaps thanks to him that he was able to break free from the humdrum of the scenario. First day as principal, it seems it would work out nicely.

Last edited by Minamoto Nimue on Mon May 05, 2014 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Minamoto Nimue
Minamoto Nimue

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Meadowhart Mon May 05, 2014 12:29 am

"Well, here goes."

She mutters to herself as she steps a bit, as if she's practicing her speech as the representative of the freshmen students of the academy.

She notices the Principal but decided not to bother him as she focuses on her task at hand.
Patricia Meadowhart
Patricia Meadowhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisakawa Suzume Mon May 05, 2014 12:42 am

After her comical introductions, she took out a pair of glasses from her pockets, wore it and cleared her throat, moving away from the mic.

She resumed her speech. "Anyway, I would like to introduce myself. I am Hisakawa Suzume, I obtained a referral in this prestigious academy because of my research on dark energy.

My fellow freshmen, I have always wondered since I was a little child - what awaits us beyond the horizon? Earth is but one of the millions of planets in the vast universe which lies in front of us. Humankind has taken the next step into the Space Frontier by sending out drones and creating space stations, analyzing the celestial bodies in our Solar System. And yet, despite all the laws, theories and expeditions, we are still in the dark, our knowledge on the universe limited. However, heed this, my fellow students! It might appear that we have not made progress and reached a stump, but I digress!"

She paused for awhile, and took the microphone from the stand. She stood down from the elevated platform and continued to passionately speak, "Isn't it during these times that, when faced with a dead end, we are forced to make new decisions? Try to find new solutions, thinking outside the box? I'm sure, sooner or later we will be able to grasp the mysteries of Space and take the leap onwards towards the New Age!"

"My fellow students, I believe that we should always, always, always seek to ask. And if there is a brick wall, smash it down with your wits, cunning and perseverance. Once you overcome such an adversary, a new you will emerge! There will always be things we won't know about. All I ask is that acknowledge this, and use this thirst to fuel your curiosity, to know more about the things around you."

And then, she walked back to the platform, and bowed to everyone. "Thank you."

She then returned to her seat.

"Thank you Miss Suzume! That was a brilliant speech!" The female host said. "Let's give her a round of applause!"

"Now, the next speech will be delivered by the current Student Council President from Class 2-A, Patricia Meadowhart!"
Hisakawa Suzume
Hisakawa Suzume

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurayama Sora Mon May 05, 2014 12:58 am

His ears twitched. Apparently he ended up thinking out loud, aka, talking. He tried to avoid doing that in public whenever he was muttering to himself but he could simple blame the frustration of even imaging the possibility of other people's scenarios. Could it be that he had already planned his out that he soon got bored and moved on to other people?

"From what I can tell, she seemed to be trying to win the audience, trying to compensate for her mistake. It is a logical action to take," he showed her his list of scenarios on his phone. Whether she turned to him or not didn't matter. "I think after her introduction, she would try and appease to people with something like evolution of humanity or something that praises our superior knowledge in the animal kingdom. Something along the lines of perseverance for a brighter future."

He turned his head back to the tardy representative started her speech. Listening to every word albeit not appearing at all interested. After which he turned to his phone and placed a check on one of the scenarios. "Space, I see. She chose that frontier."

"Now then," he continued to fiddle with his app while his eyes were on the person next to him. He seemed to have it all memorized already. "At this time, you'll probably find me either amazing, charming, talented, or a weirdo. In which case possibly, thank you, thanks, I do try, and I'm not that weird."

"This next person," he turned back to the speaker and nodded. "Probably foreign, talented, and maybe even considered gorgeous by many. Possibly instant popularity. Also notable that it is highly likely they want to learn a new culture or start over."

He took away his phone and chuckled a bit. "The name is Kurayama Sora, by the way, in case you wanted to ask. If not, my name is Kurayama Sora. Pleasure."

spoken
inner thoughts
Kurayama Sora
Kurayama Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Torashiro Supeingo Mon May 05, 2014 1:11 am

Tch, so the alternative was denied as well. Laaaaaaaaame.

"Very well."

He knew there was an order of things to be followed, and he wasn't high enough on it to disobey the commands of a superior. Having to settle on listening to the current speech. Huh, it looked as if the representative could carry more than expected.

For the time being he had no options,nothing much he could do.
Torashiro Supeingo
Torashiro Supeingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari Mizuki Mon May 05, 2014 9:35 am

Yep, this guy's weird. But he's also right at not being too weird at all.

"I.. see. Yes, you did make sense. In fact, no matter how I look at it, you made far more sense than our representative. But whatever. My name is Akari Mizuki, in case you also wanted to ask. If not, my name is Akari Mizuki."

She snapped back at him as she let out a soft laugh, still not looking at him. She found him interesting and mysterious but didn't really care. All that matters is that she now has found something to distract her mind even for just a little while. That was only temporary however for the very mention of the name "Patricia" was enough to make her dizzy.

Shit! It's her! She's here! Okay at least I can confront her later.

She thought as she maintained a poker face while looking intently at her. Her soft eyes shifted to a very sharp and aggressive expresson.

"Oh this will be fun."
Akari Mizuki
Akari Mizuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Patricia Meadowhart Mon May 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Patricia hears the emcee. It's now her turn to speak. As she stands together with her dignity as a fellow student and the representative of the first year students, she daintly walk the stage, such mixed emotions almost bursting inside her chest, making her think that life is what she imagined it is.

She take a stop at the podium and with a careful and slow scan of her brown eyes, one person gets her attention which is the black haired freshman, it was Akari.

"The freshman? How convenient."

Her thoughts speaks for herself. She intently stares at Akari and she finally speaks up.

"I bid a good day to you, my fellow students, especially the freshmen. Today, St. Catherine--"

Well, the speech goes on, giving the first years a warm welcome and tidbits about the Academy's vision and mission. Though, everytime she look at every students, her attention averts to that certain black haired female freshman.

"--And most of all, I pray for you all a rose-colored school year. Thank you."

This would say as most aspiring for the first years since it was really meant for those people and so she takes of the stage.
Patricia Meadowhart
Patricia Meadowhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Minamoto Nimue Mon May 05, 2014 3:50 pm

[As Principal]

"And now, a closing remark from our esteemed principal of the High School Department."

The Emcee announces, not long after that the lights from the audio room turned off. Standing up from his seat, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit from that slight deal with the lights turning off before his speech.

"That Tala... prioritizing other stuff more than an official school event."

Tucking his hands inside his pockets, all he could do was shake his head sideways. Not that said member of faculty disliked him or anything, it's just that said emcee had priorities a little backward.

Raising his head, he decided to look a bit more proud and quickly noticed he was already well past the podium. Turning around and the people below none the wiser, he hit his face with the palm of his hands. A cracking noise followed.

"Well shit..." He thought to himself as surely there it was, broken pieces of an eyewear. It wasn't even a normal day to day accessory for him, in the first place those glasses weren't even his.

"Shit, shit, shit... keep it together now." Perhaps to save face, he decided to ignore the obviously broken glasses. People down below wouldn't be able to notice anyway given the massive size of the amphitheater.

"Greetings..."

his voice wasn't getting any louder... Raising his right hand, he tapped on the microphone and nothing came out, the sound system was turned off. Silence enveloped the place and the whole thing started to become awkward as hell. In his mind, he can hear the laughter but it was understandable that they were trying their hardest not to make it painfully obvious.

"That is all, thank you."

There was nothing he can do, he just shouted those words and quickly exited the stage. In his mind, he wished he could've just died then and there.
Minamoto Nimue
Minamoto Nimue

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari Mizuki Mon May 05, 2014 4:05 pm

This... this is not how i imagined things would turn out

She thought, face palming herself in the process. Just what exactly did she come here for? This is not what she wanted or even expected.

"This is just so stupid!"

She exclaimed loudly, surprising the students around her. She noticed that everybody was looking at her and so she excused herself to the washroom to save herself from the shame she has brought to herself.

Okay. I'll just pretend nothing happened when we get back in the classroom....
Akari Mizuki
Akari Mizuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Akari Mizuki Mon May 05, 2014 4:25 pm

In the washroom, she slapped herself in the face. Actually she wanted to punch her face so hard but she doesn't know if she can actually punch hard enough to either A.) Break her wrists, B.) Knock her out, or C.) Both. So she pulled out something from her pocket. A deck of cards as it would appear to other students but to her, of course these are special cards. The only positive talent she is proud of. She shuffled them and picked one out.

Strength Reversed.... Yep, it's official. I'm weak. I feel better.

Laughing at her draw, she put it back to the deck and left the washroom calmly.

Upon reaching the auditorium, she found the students already vacating the place. Not wanting to be late she made her way back to their assigned classrooms.

I still have to find Patricia. I need my tickler back. FAST.

Her thoughts linger back to the events earlier, on the way to school. She wanted to punch the wall again but chuckled as she remembered the card she draw.

"If there's one thing I'm really, really proud of, it's the fact that I have lesser stamina than everyone else in here right now."

She whispered to herself, smiling as she went about her way.
Akari Mizuki
Akari Mizuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurayama Sora Mon May 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Calculated, all of it. He didn't even need to look at his phone as he checked and marked scenario after scenario. His brow furrowed in frustration as he closed his eyes. He didn't need to see this as he had already 'seen' it among other variations of it.

'Boring.' It really was. He wished that there was an option to fast forward or skip a scenario. That seemed too much to ask and it was probably illegal to do so anyway.

'Frustrating,' he groaned a bit. When things stopped, he stopped fiddling with his phone. When things progressed, he continued. A gift? More like a curse. Yet he continued on with this kind of routine. Perhaps he was looking for something interesting. Something he 'had not seen before'. There should be things like that. If not...

Akari Mizuki wrote:"This is just so stupid!"

...exactly. He smiled a bit and took out a pair of reading glasses, putting it on and adjusting the frame with his finger as he nodded. And now all of his boredom died down. As the commotion started to subside, placed away his glasses and continued to fiddle with his app while the crowd dispersed. 'Interesting.'

Code:
>Create Scenario
>>Create Scenario Variables
>>>Create Scenario Branches and Mixing
>>>>Adding Scenario 1 of 65535
>>>>Adding Scenario 2 of 65535
>>>>Adding Scenario 3 of 65535
>>>>Adding Scenario 4 of 65535
>>>>Adding Scenario 5 of 65535
>>>>Adding Scenario 65535 of 65535
>>>Scenario Branch 1 of 32767 Completed.
>>>-Time Elapsed: 4 minutes 32 seconds.
>>>Creating Scenario Branch 2 of 32767
>>>>Adding Scenario 1 of 65535

'Now then. Show me something I've never 'seen' before'.'
Kurayama Sora
Kurayama Sora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down